“Completely unique in external line and internal design, the Mustang is definitely in a class by itself among modern warplanes because five years after the Battle of Britain, it stands as the only fighter actually born of WWII.” – Superfigher: The Mustang. (1945)
- V1650 , 7 Piston,12 Cylinder Rolls Royce Engine
- 1490 Horsepower – Top Speed is 505 MPH
Approximate Overall Dimensions
- Wing Span – 37 feet, .5 inch
- Length – 32 feet, 9.5 inches
- Height – thirteen feet, eight inches
- Weight – 7,125 lbs empty.
- Range – 1300 miles
- 360 degree view Bubble Canopy
- Saw action in both WWII and in Korea
- Held six 12.77mm wing mounted machine guns
Mustang Cutaway and Blueprint
This P-51D, the model for our Gunfighter custom motorcycle, was the last version of the fighter that North American rolled off the production line before the end of World War II.